Cynthia is a Partner in the Albany, New York office of UHY LLP who has significant experience and technical skills in complex corporate financial reporting issues, especially SEC requirements. She is a licensed CPA in the state of New York.
Cynthia is the New York practice audit and assurance leader and also oversees technical accounting and quality control processes related to audit engagements in the firm’s New York practice. Cynthia serves on numerous UHY LLP Committees including:
- Member of the UHY LLP Management Committee
- Member of the SEC & PCAOB Audit Quality Committee which oversees the quality of SEC audits, monitoring SEC & PCAOB developments, and developing/updating UHY's SEC policies and procedures.
- Chairperson of the Broker-Dealer Committee
Spanning over three decades, Cynthia has strong accounting and auditing experience that includes 11 years as a chief financial officer of a public company and 14 years with a “Big Four” accounting firm where she served as senior manager for eight years. Cynthia has more than 20 years of comprehensive client experience.
Highlights of Achievements as a public company CFO included:
- Directed and managed all financial and administrative areas
- Managed the successful development, implementation and testing of internal controls to meet Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 requirements resulting in a clean opinion on internal controls from its independent auditors
- Developed and executed external financial and SEC reporting strategies
- Responded successfully to numerous SEC comment letters on filings including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, S-3, S-1 and Proxy statements. These responses resulted in no restatements of previously issued financial statements
- Successfully raised capital in significant stock offerings, including a registered direct transaction, a private investment in public equity securities and rights offerings to existing shareholders
- Developed the strategy for and executed two option exchange programs
- Participated in the successful sale of two subsidiaries
- Participated in numerous restructurings
In addition, Cynthia’s experience as a “Big Four” senior manager included managing the audits of corporate and multi-national clients, some with revenues over $1 billion.
- Licensed CPA in the State of New York
- Mechanical Technology, Incorporated, Albany, NY, 1997-2008
- PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, Albany, NY, 1983-1997
- Bachelor of Arts in Accounting and Economics, Summa Cum Laude – Ohio Wesleyan University