The Texas Tax Amnesty Program provides delinquent taxpayers with relief from penalties and interest. The Program runs from May 1 - June 29, 2018 and applies to tax periods prior to Jan. 1, 2018.
Who or what is eligible?
- Taxpayers who did not file for periods before Jan. 1, 2018
- Underreported taxes or fees due for any reason
- Local-option taxes
What is not eligible?
- Filing periods under audit, periods in litigation or reduced to a judgement
- Unclaimed property
- Motor vehicle tax
- Public Utility Commission gross receipts assessments
- Those who signed a voluntary disclosure agreement prior to the amnesty program
What are the benefits?
- Bring tax filings current without paying penalties and interest
- Amending reports that underreported taxes
- Register for taxes that should have been reported
For more information, contact us in one of our many locations.